9/11/07

My Job

I always get a little nervous on the first day of school. I decide what I'm wearing the night before and lay it out on the dresser. I get up way too early to make my lunch and make sure I have everything I need, and then I get to school where everything is already ready for the day and I sit at my desk. (This all wears off in a few months) I wonder what my kids will be like, I wonder if they'll be naughty. I wonder if they'll like me. (Kind of nerdy I know, I mean who cares if a ten year old doesn't like you?) It was all the same this year. But the first day came and went. So did the second and the third. On Friday, as I erased the white board and wrote Monday's date, I thought, "so this is what it's like to love your job". I do. It doesn't feel like a job. It feels like I am where I am supposed to be, and that is such a peaceful feeling. I'm so thankful for the Lord's provision in my life; for a job, a class full of kids that I love dearly, and for allowing me to feel at peace.

4 comments:

Reshma McClintock said...

What a blessing to love your job. I would love to be a 4th grader in your class. I know you do your job well. You've taught me a lot over the years...I guess you're MY teacher too...Thank you Mrs. Matsuoka :) Love you...R.

Heather Elizabeth said...

Love that! So happy for you. Hope your settling in. Miss you :-)

Heather Elizabeth said...

By the way, I totally know how to spell you're. I can't believe I had a typo on the teacher's blog! Too funny!

Patty said...

You ARE lucky and I'm so happy for you, and very proud of you, as well.
Luv, Mom