When I was in 4th and 5th grade, I knew that eggs were for baking, dying and egg salad sandwiches...yuck. The thought of using them as a weapon or a form of revenge never entered my mind. But on Wednesday of last week, two 5th grade girls from my class decided that they didn't like their math teacher (please note that I am not their math teacher). It all started Monday afternoon when they told a group of students they were so mad at their math teacher that afterschool on Tuesday they were going to egg his classroom. Tuesday came around and one of these girls had an appointment after school so she said the "egging" would have to wait until tomorrow. So Wednesday afternoon, not 10 minutes after the kids were let out of school, said girls ran home, picked up their eggs and returned to their meeting spot, the school playground. Might I remind you that it's only been 10 minutes since schools been out and parents are still straggling in and out of the building picking up their students and teachers are still in their classrooms. The victim in this tragedy, the math teacher, was interrupted from his paper grading, by the sound of an egg hitting his classroom window. And looking up, he watched as 2 of his math students ran down the sidewalk and into their homes (directly accross the street from the school). The following day I had a conversation with these sweet girls who tearfully admitted their crime and spent the following day cleaning egg off the window. I predict a lesson on common sense in our near future.
2/2/08
eggs
When I was in 4th and 5th grade, I knew that eggs were for baking, dying and egg salad sandwiches...yuck. The thought of using them as a weapon or a form of revenge never entered my mind. But on Wednesday of last week, two 5th grade girls from my class decided that they didn't like their math teacher (please note that I am not their math teacher). It all started Monday afternoon when they told a group of students they were so mad at their math teacher that afterschool on Tuesday they were going to egg his classroom. Tuesday came around and one of these girls had an appointment after school so she said the "egging" would have to wait until tomorrow. So Wednesday afternoon, not 10 minutes after the kids were let out of school, said girls ran home, picked up their eggs and returned to their meeting spot, the school playground. Might I remind you that it's only been 10 minutes since schools been out and parents are still straggling in and out of the building picking up their students and teachers are still in their classrooms. The victim in this tragedy, the math teacher, was interrupted from his paper grading, by the sound of an egg hitting his classroom window. And looking up, he watched as 2 of his math students ran down the sidewalk and into their homes (directly accross the street from the school). The following day I had a conversation with these sweet girls who tearfully admitted their crime and spent the following day cleaning egg off the window. I predict a lesson on common sense in our near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The embarrassing part is I think I was that stupid at that age too and would have done the same thing.
I love that the title of this is "eggs". Love it...R.
...also...I love visiting room forty-seven :) It's nice here.
this blog is hilarious!
i think you have already topped many o stories of my mom and sis!
so so funny. i have to get them to check this out!
Post a Comment